|The NEYAL Purchasing Consortium is a group of academic
libraries, based in the North, East, Yorkshire and Midlands areas of England,
which exists for the purpose of purchasing library materials and services
to support teaching, learning and research at the most advantageous prices
for the Consortium.
The objective of NEYAL is to secure library purchasing agreements in
accordance with university and European Union (EU) purchasing requirements
which offer best value to Consortium members and meet the Consortium's
This is achieved by:
- Defining and managing a contract placement plan for appropriate purchasing
- Managing these agreements in accordance with legal and contractual
- Benchmarking pricing and service provision with other academic library
- Acting as a focal point for gathering and disseminating information
on good purchasing practices for member libraries.
- Providing library staff with a forum to gain experience and improve
expertise in procurement practices.
To view the complete version of the constitution, please click
on this site is welcome. Please contact the site